This has been a crazy last week! My internet router was supposed to arrive on Tuesday but the ice storm in Saint Louis (and lots of snowstorms elsewhere) delayed it. For that reason, I didn't have the internet all week at my place. It was a bit frustrating since all my baking products and food are at my place, but the internet was only available at Joe's! It doesn't help that I'm also the last person in the world without a smartphone (yes, I only use my phone to call or text anyone).
I did attempt some baking and cooking, but sadly, nothing so memorable to make it onto the blog. It's either been a series of baking duds or foods that just don't photograph well... but hopefully this weekend I'll get to remedy that.
I also learned how to scrape my car. I've never seen such thick giant pieces of ice before. I couldn't even open my door for 20 minutes... I was so scared I was going to pull the handle off! This is all so new to me, but I'm slowly adjusting. Covered parking would really be helpful right about now... but thinking about the spring and warm summers are the only thoughts keeping me going.
Also the fact that I got a Stylish Blogger Award, not once but twice! Thank you soooo much to Rachel and Kristin, it was very unexpected :) I was dying to post it on my blog immediately but I had to wait till I could go to Joe's place or finally get my internet working.
To accept the stylish blogger award I must:
1. Thank and link back to the wonderful blogger(s) who gave me this award.
2. Share 7 things about myself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact the bloggers and inform them of the award
7 Things About Me
1. I absolutely love a lazy day at home watching Netflix movies or any TV show series (esp any scifi ones!)
2. I don't like watching the FOOD Channel, since all it does is make me hungry and I don't understand watching other people eat... I'd much rather research recipes online and in books!
3. I love feeding my friends and family. My favorite part is when they take the first bite of something I've made and I can tell they're really enjoying it. I think that's why I bake/cook in the first place, for that moment :)
4. I don't like the taste of any of my macarons and frequently give them away as soon as they are made. If I really like one of my cupcakes, I make sure to give them away so I can't eat them all!
5. I always keep in touch with friends no matter how far away they may be, especially through emails and chatting. if I'm late on an email, something is probably wrong! I love being connected online through various mediums.
6. There are a lot of tastes and flavor combinations I'm not a fan of, but I keep forcing myself to trying new things each year, especially for the sake of the blog. Turns out, raspberries and chocolate are rather delicious! I still can't get used to orange and chocolate though, it's so odd..
7. I'm hooked onto reading reviews and overanalyzing everything before I buy or cook/bake. I hate shopping in stores and love shopping online so I can properly do my research and check every single review on everything first!
15 Bloggers I Love to Read (in no particular order)
1. Annie's Eats - I've tried so many of her cupcake recipes -- they ALWAYS come out delicious!
2. Lick My Spoon - recipes by two women from two completely different countries on one blog. It's cute and the pics are amazing!
3. IAmBaker - Her cake designs are what I'm always striving for and don't always achieve. But she always gives me hope!
4. Smitten Kitchen - Her recipes are seriously addictive and I've made many of them several times over because they're so requested!
5. ChockyLit - Innovative and original ideas for cupcakes, this blog is fascinating to go through.
6. ThursdayBorn - A blog by my friend who posts a lot about the life of a medical student, random thoughts, and recipes, some of which I personally get to try!
7. Anthony Bourdain - My favorite food and travel guy! I love his sardonic and often amusing take on life and his travels. Is there anything this guy won't do?
8. Love and Olive Oil - Love their tagline -- "Eat to live. Cook to love." - filled with delicious recipes!
9. PioneerWoman - Her recipes are often simple but always yummy, and her step-by-step photo tutorials are ever so helpful. Her photography section is also worth checking out!
10. Passionate About Baking - I always check this site for dessert ideas :)
11. Melanger - She always does themes each month for baking and I love following them all!
12. Smart Pretty and Awkward - A girl who posts how to be smart, pretty, and (less) awkward. It's always a good read.
13. Muffin Tin Mania - Healthy foods, all made in a muffin pan! Sweet or savory, this is a fun place to check for healthy eats.
14. Where have all my marbles Gone? - Another blog by a friend who posts random thoughts and wonderful recipes!
15. I'm Thinking - An old friend's sister who posts gorgeous pictures/videos and interesting thoughts. I love checking this at least once a day.